Input sessions are a part of teacher training cycle, aimed directly at acquiring new knowledge and skills. They may follow or precede observation & feedback. These sessions are completely different from those boring university lectures on methodology. This does not mean avoiding theory, but only that the inputs are grounded in engaging interaction and classroom practice.
This is feasible because for my input sessions I use internationally-recognised materials for CELTA. The basic idea behind them is that learning should be driven by personal experience and reflection. So, let’s we try the things out!
Input sessions are suitable for:
Don’t worry if you have little or no teaching experience – you can share your impressions as a student, which may sometimes be even more helpful.
If you have already taught for a while, I bet you have even more questions.
Some of the most popular are:
– Why do students answer ‘I don’t know’ to a lot of your questions?
– Why don’t students listen to you or their peers?
– What’s the right staging of the lesson and appropriate timing for each stage?
– Can you use students’ mother tongues? And when explaining grammar? And with very beginners?
– How much grammar is enough?
– How can you make students follow your instructions and stop messing your games?
We will address these and a hundred more questions together!
If you feel like you need help with understanding and implementing any of the CELTA topics, that’s completely fine. We can’t be equally great at everything. I’m here to help.
The way we work:
You Really Decide to Improve
Choose a Session
Choose a Mode
- Classroom management (incl. Giving instructions and 15 Common Mistakes) & Focus on the learner
- Teaching listening and reading
- Teaching speaking and oral fluency: about skills, activities and common problems (double session)
- Teaching writing
- Teaching grammar. Overview and staging: Text-based presentation / Context-build presentation / Test-Teach-Test. Practice in teaching grammar: ways to convey meaning and check understanding (double session)
- Teaching vocabulary
- Feedback and error correction techniques
- Lesson planning
- Task-Based Language Teaching
- Review of methods and course books
Individual input3500 ₽~90 min. We study and communicate online via Skype/Zoom, my LMS and messengers. Offline classes - on demand
Group input1800 ₽/person~90 min. We study and communicate online via Skype/Zoom, my LMS and messengers. Groups of 4-12 trainees Offline classes - on demand